We all know the eggplant; it is this fruit that is edible. Although currently it is difficult for many people to know that the eggplant is a fruit. I am sure that many must believe that in reality, the eggplant is a vegetable or vegetable. But actually, it is scientifically known as a fruit.
This fruit appears a lot as an accompaniment in salads, and in some recipes. To mention one, this is the lasagna recipe, but instead of using the pasta that is the base ingredient to prepare this dish, you will use the eggplant as a substitute. Having a healthier touch.
It is no secret that many foods have their disadvantages and you consume them, but their advantages are what shine even more for health. Although to have its disadvantages you only have to consume that food many times.
The eggplant is not an exception in that group, it has its advantages and disadvantages like any food that is consumable. But its advantages are incredible; in fact eating healthy food is the second option to take care of health. Being the first to consume pills and medications in order to more efficiently balance your health.
But eating healthy foods is still a recommended option. And that is why in this article you will know about the benefits of eggplant for human health.
- Helps lower cholesterol: The skin and seeds have, in addition to fiber, several chemical substances which help keep your cholesterol at optimal levels. Some that have eggplant inhibit the synthesis of cholesterol in our liver. Others help prevent it from rusting and sticking to our artery walls.
- It is digestive: The eggplant is considered as if it was a light food, and digestive, but there it will depend on how you cook it, and it has to be in an appropriate way.
- Control your sugar: This fruit is recommended for diabetic people, since its carbohydrates are low, and a lot of fiber. So it helps reduce the speed of absorption of sugars contained in food. As well as substances that are good at keeping it under control, a great example is trigonelline.
- It is a good diuretic: Potassium is the most abundant mineral, and normally it does not have sodium. Which makes the eggplant a good help to eliminate liquids and to be able to reduce our blood pressure (although it depends if you do not add a lot of salt when using it for cooking)? That means that our heart will be able to work better as well as our kidneys.
- Nervous system: Thanks to vitamin B1, B6 and magnesium. They facilitate the help of being able to improve our nervous system, and at the same time, to improve one’s mood. As a bonus, vitamin B6 is extremely good for women who are pregnant, as it reduces the probability of gestational diabetes and relieves our nausea.
- Helps the brain: Naquin defends our neuron membranes. Meaning that it fights against several disorders that belong to the nervous type.
Mainly, water is the main element of this fruit, having 92.6% of this liquid, and we add it with the low amount of fat it has. It makes the eggplant very light.
Fiber is very present just like water; it is of the soluble type so it helps to have a good state of your bacterial flora and reduces the consistency of your stool.
If we talk about its micronutrients, potassium (240 mg/100g) and folic acid (13mg) is the most present in this fruit. The purple color of the eggplant reflects the fact that it has anthocyanins, antioxidants.
The most valuable properties that eggplant has are not in its vitamins and minerals. If not in its chemical compounds. These are found more in the skin and in the seeds than in the rest of the fruit. They clearly do not have a good flavor, especially the seed. But if you consume a little, you will help your liver to function well, in addition to emptying the gallbladder.
Consuming eggplant is still important, and when preparing a salad or whatever contains this fruit. It does not hurt to add the seeds and the skin to what you will prepare, since as mentioned above. It helps a lot to be able to take care of various parts of our body, and more so because those are the strong point of the eggplant.