Those who want to have the perfect body sometimes undergo a large number of procedures, many of which can have counterproductive effects on health and other fields of life.
For example, those who have cosmetic surgeries have to enter the operating room, expose themselves to the effect of anesthesia and a recovery process that can be painful and extensive. Those who have stomach surgery to reduce it can develop serious complications when it comes to carrying out their eating routine, etc.
On the other hand, there are those who resort to the use of steroids, especially men, to improve their physical appearance and have a much more defined abdomen or dreamy pectorals. Although the fact of wanting to look good is not questionable, it is important to be responsible when choosing the treatment that will be given to the body.
In the specific case of steroids, it is well known that their main use is not directed towards the aesthetic part and that taking them indiscriminately can cause side effects, such as acne, high blood pressure, changes in habitual behavior, baldness, growth of the mammary glands, sterility and even heart attacks.
Simply put, those who use and abuse steroids can face death. However, there are those who use them to treat certain health problems. In such cases, if they do so under medical supervision, they are less likely to experience some of these side effects.
Now, how should steroids is taken to treat respiratory conditions such as allergies? If you are one of those people who cannot go a day without sneezing, it will be very useful for you to read this short article. In it you will find everything related to the use of steroids to treat allergies.
Instructions for and what to take steroids for
The first thing you should keep in mind is that anabolic steroids are synthetic substances that are closely related to sex hormones and that favor the increase in muscle mass and the development of certain masculine characteristics, both in men and women.
In order to understand it better, we must bear in mind that men secrete a substance known as testosterone, which is produced mainly in the testicles and is essential. It plays a fundamental role both in sexual reproduction and in other physiological processes, for example, in the increase of musculature.
The function of anabolic steroids is to suppress the natural production of testosterone to replace it with a foreign source that provides it, in this case, the steroids that you consume.
The fabulous results are what motivate many people to take steroids. Especially those who participate in sports competitions of great importance. Since, compared to those who do not take them, the difference is very remarkable. Your muscles feel more defined, harder, larger and with a lower percentage of fat.
However, the true functions of steroids are these:
- To reduce inflammation in the bronchi.
- To reduce the production of phlegm (mucus) from the cells that is responsible for lining the bronchi.
- To reduce hyperactivity in the airways.
- To stabilize lung function,
- To treat sinusitis, etc.
Now, what is the correct way to use steroids to treat allergies? It is the following:
- The first step is to go to the doctor so that he can take care of determining which steroid you should use. Those that are aimed at treating allergies are known by the name of corticosteroids and fulfill the function of reducing the inflammation that is related to allergies.
- Depending on the source of your allergy, you may be able to use steroids in pills, liquids, inhalers, nasal sprays, creams, eye drops, etc. Among the most common are inhalers, since it enters in small doses that go directly to the respiratory tract and there is less risk of it being diverted to other parts of the body.
- Carefully follow the dose prescribed by your doctor and take them even when you do not have symptoms until the treatment is completely finished, in order for it to have the desired effect. Usually within two weeks of daily use.
It is important to keep in mind that these medications are delicate to use. But what else do you need to know about taking steroids to eliminate or reduce allergies? Let’s see it right now.
What do you need for and why take steroids?
When steroids are administered topically, that is, directly to the affected area of the body, a smaller amount is needed, which greatly reduces the possibility of side effects.
In relation to inhalants, they are used to control allergic diseases and the dose is lower. In turn, depending on how the patient is progressing, it should be reviewed periodically.
Those administered in creams, such as hydrocortisone, are used to reduce the effects of eczema flare-ups. They reduce both inflammation and irritation, which prevents infection, when started early.
Steroids given through nasal sprays or eye drops can last for several days before the desired effects begin to be seen. They are effective in reducing the symptoms caused by allergic agents present in the air and that are the cause of diseases such as rhinitis and hay fever.
Long-term use of steroids, especially oral steroids, is generally not recommended. They are only prescribed for long periods of time when other treatments have not been effective in restoring normal respiratory functions.
Now, since its administration is delicate, what else should you know about the use of steroids?
Tips for and what to take steroids for
You should know that steroids produce a lot of side effects, especially when very high doses are used. Some of the side effects are these:
- They interrupt the normal production of hormones in the human body, which results in a series of changes that, in some cases, could be irreversible, such as baldness and breast development.
- In the case of men, they decrease the amount of sperm that are produced, which can lead to sterility, and generates testicular atrophy, that is, shrinkage of the testicles.
- In the case of women, anabolic steroids masculinize them. That is, the breasts and body fat are reduced, the voice becomes deeper and hoarse, the clitoris is enlarged, body hair growth and hair loss occur.
- They favor cardiovascular diseases, such as heart and brain attacks. It also increases the risk of blood clots.
- They produce tumors in the liver, as well as a rare infection called pelisses hepatic, which produces blood-filled cysts in the liver that can burst and cause internal bleeding.
- Since steroid use causes growth spurts, similar to what occurs during adolescence, if a growing person takes them; these hormones will signal the skeleton to stop growing.
- They can also cause acne, cysts, oily skin and hair,
- On a psychological level, steroids can cause dependence, anger, physical aggression, mania, delusions, among other abnormalities.
As you have been able to realize, the indiscriminate use of steroids can bring serious consequences. Therefore, before consuming them to increase your muscle mass, ask yourself: is it really worth it?
When prescribed by experts in the area of medicine to treat conditions such as allergies, they should be used as directed. Without exceeding the dose and without leaving the treatment incomplete, so that they have the desired effect and avoid side effects such as those described above.