Do you like cold drinks? In general, these are ideal during the summer season, since they are usually refreshing and, therefore, help very well to combat the inclement heat.
However, most of these drinks can also be consumed hot. Everything will depend on the taste of the person and the culture in which they have grown up, since it is considered that some drinks should only be consumed in one way.
For example, in the case of coffee, lovers of this energizing and pleasant drink do not conceive of drinking it cold. Since they are inveterate romantics, lovers of the traditional and the classic, there is no other way to drink it, if it is not hot.
However, for those who are more open-minded and enjoy new challenges, coffee can be taken in any form and at any time. For this reason, today, it is normal to even find coffee-flavored ice cream.
The same can be said for hibiscus flower tea. This is a flower whose petals can be used to prepare a delicious infusion. It is very popular in Latin American countries. However, due to its distinctive taste, its popularity has spread throughout the world.
However, this is also due to the fact that hibiscus flower has been found to possess many properties and is therefore of great health benefit. Do you like Jamaica tea? Have you ever tried it? If so, you will surely be interested in knowing what its properties are and how you can use them to have better health.
Know the pros and cons of this flower, so you know how to use it correctly. In this post I will be providing you with all the information you need.
Instructions for the healing properties of Jamaica flower
Jamaica flower is also known as hibiscus. It is a medicinal plant whose main characteristic is that it is rich in anthocyanins. This substance is responsible for its red coloration, but also for making it a powerful antioxidant.
On the other hand, hibiscus flower is rich in vitamin C, flavonoids and organic acids, which provide a large number of health benefits. Among them, help keep blood pressure under control and promote weight loss.
What are some of the properties of the Jamaica flower? Its frequent intake can provide the following benefits, such as:
- Lowers blood pressure. Since it favors the relaxation of blood vessels, it helps prevent and control mild and moderate blood pressure.
- Take care of the heart. It could help lower so-called bad cholesterol and also triglycerides, while increasing good cholesterol. This, because it suppresses the synthesis of fatty acids in the liver.
- Regulates blood sugar levels. Jamaica flower inhibits the activity of certain enzymes in the pancreas and intestine, which are responsible for the small intestine digesting carbohydrates. This action prevents blood glucose spikes and excessive insulin production.
- Helps lose weight. Not only that, but it also prevents obesity. This is believed to be because it helps regulate blood sugar levels, reduces carbohydrate absorption, and improves fat metabolism in the body. In fact, it could also control appetite, influencing hormones such as ghrelin and lepton, which are responsible for regulating it.
- Take care of the liver. Improves its functioning and prevents fatty liver. It could also increase the enzymes responsible for detoxifying the body. In this way, it reduces liver damage.
- It has antioxidant properties. Due to this, it inhibits oxidative stress and prevents the formation of free radicals that cause premature aging and the onset of chronic diseases and cancer.
- Prevents urinary infections. Not only because it has antimicrobial properties, but also because it is diuretic, which means that it increases the amount of urine produced, while favoring the elimination of bacteria to prevent recurrent infections from arising.
What do you need for the healing properties of Jamaica flower?
It is considered that the consumption of the flower of Jamaica is completely safe, because, until now, no harmful side effect is known. However, it is not recommended that it be taken in combination with the drug hydrochlorothiazide, in order to avoid interactions and other unwanted effects.
Also, it should not be consumed during pregnancy, without the guidance of a doctor. Neither in breastfeeding period nor is it recommended in children under 12 years of age and people with kidney disease, since there are no current studies that determine that it is safe for this group of people.
If you are a hypertensive or diabetic patient, the best thing you can do is consult with your treating doctor before starting to consume Jamaica flower. In this way, you will prevent problems of hypoglycemia or hypotension from arising.
Tips for the healing properties of Jamaica flower
You can consume the flower of Jamaica in different ways. Some of them are: in tea, in capsules and in foods, such as cakes, salads, ice cream, etc.
In case you want to consume it in the form of tea, this is the procedure you should follow:
- Add a tablespoon of dehydrated Jamaica flowers in 400 ml of boiling water.
- Turn off the heat, cover the container and let it sit for about 5 minutes.
- Then, strain the water and drinkit, either lukewarm or cold about 3 times a day.
- If you are looking to lose weight with the help of this tea, then you should have a cup after every meal.
If you want to use it to regulate blood pressure, the recommendation is that you pour a tablespoon of dried Jamaica flower in 500 ml of boiling water. Take it every day, about two hours after you have made each meal.