Good health is everyone’s dream. In fact, some often claim that as long as they have life and health, they don’t need anything else and the truth is that if we have those things, we can get everything else.
However, be realistic and keep in mind that very few people are in good health. The body is constantly fighting viruses, bacteria and other pathogens that cause infections and diseases. This happens even to the smallest of the house.
Perfect health is the second great utopia of man, being preceded only by eternal life. For this reason, they have dedicated themselves to the study of the human body, the way it acts and the way to protect it through various types of treatments and medications.
However, as time goes by, it seems that the number of diseases is increasing. In fact, many of those that were thought to have been eradicated have returned, such as tuberculosis, among others.
Now, is there a way to enjoy moderately good health? The answer is yes and the key to achieving it is to achieve immunity against viruses. While it is true that we will have to continue dealing with bacteria, the work will be less and there will be a greater chance of staying healthy for longer.
But how can such immunity are achieved? What must you do to achieve it? If you are interested in the subject, you cannot stop reading this article. It is the answer that you have been looking for so much and, best of all; it is within your reach.
It will give you the necessary tools to enjoy moderately good health, which will allow you to carry out a large number of activities and lead a much fuller life. Let’s see it.
Instructions to achieve immunity against any virus
The first thing to keep in mind is that your body is constantly bombarded by viruses, bacteria and other cells that are free in the environment. However, it has natural defenses that are ready to respond to attack. These defenses are known as the immune system.
On the other hand, non-infectious foreign substances or products of damaged cells can also trigger an immune response. These coordinated defense responses are called innate immunity and adaptive immunity.
The innate immune system is also known as the natural or native immune system because it is what we are born with. It is also the essential part to defend ourselves against pathogens. It is the first line of defense, which appears in hours or days and arrives before the adaptive immune system.
It has different components:
- Physical-chemical barriers or biological barriers.
- Soluble elements.
- Cellular elements or cells.
There are other immune responses, apart from the innate immune system, which are stimulated by the exposure of infectious microorganisms that increase the body’s defensive capacity. This set of defensive mechanisms is known as adaptive immunity.
It arises as a response to infection and its adaptation. Therefore, it is also known by the name of specific or acquired. Its response provides the ability to recognize and remember specific pathogens, generating immunity. The main cells responsible for this function are T and B lymphocytes.
At the same time, the cells of the innate immune system are responsible for processing the antigens and presenting them to these lymphocytes so that they can offer a timely response.
Now that you understand what the immune system is and how it works, you need to know what you can do to achieve immunity against any virus and thus enjoy good health.
What do you need to achieve immunity against any virus?
At this point in history is where vaccines appear. These work on the principle of the adaptive immune system. Vaccines are preparations that may contain the toxin of a disease, attenuated bacteria or viruses, or some fragment of the microorganism to be combated.
In short, the necessary antigens are introduced into the body so that the same organism generates antibodies to provide a specific defense and a memory to fight against a possible future infection.
Its application can be injected into a muscle, in a layer of the skin or be administered orally. In other words, vaccines tell your body how to defend itself when microorganisms, such as viruses, bacteria, and fungi, invade it.
They are exposed to a safe, minimal amount of viruses or bacteria that have been degraded or killed. The immune system learns to recognize and attack the infection if it is exposed to the disease.
There are different types of vaccines. There are those that have been made with live attenuated viruses, those that have part of a virus or bacteria, the toxoids and the biosynthetic ones that contain artificial substances.
Currently, most of them are considered very safe and work is being done on the invention of new vaccines that help prevent and combat the arrival of new diseases, such as Covid-19.
Many diseases are very common. Others can be fatal and there are those that leave disabling squeal for life. Hence the importance of getting vaccinated on time, in orders to achieve immunity against the viruses that cause these diseases. Prevention is essential. Maybe tomorrow will be too late.
But, in addition to the above, what else can you do to strengthen your immune system? Let’s see it right now.
Tips to achieve immunity against any virus
- Maintain a balanced diet. This diet should include a high consumption of fruits and vegetables, as well as proteins and carbohydrates to maintain cell generation and repair, as well as an optimal energy state.
- Drink enough water, as it is essential for the proper functioning of the body. The recommendation is that you drink between 6 and 8 glasses of water daily.
- Take vitamin supplements. Vitamins A, C and E are very important. Like iron, zinc and selenium.
- Learn to control stress. The daily pace of life can generate chronic stress levels that lead to very severe alterations in defenses.
- Sleep enough. This implies sleeping between 7 and 8 hours a day so that the restorative and reparative functions of the body can be carried out satisfactorily. It is not surprising that those who sleep little or suffer from sleep disorders are more likely to get sick.
- Do regular physical activity. A balanced exercise routine will improve your mood, strengthen your cardiovascular fitness, help you keep your weight under control and increase your defenses. Try not to overindulge, as too much physical exertion can leave you exhausted and without the resources of the immune system.
- Avoid foods that contain excessive chemicals, dyes, preservatives, and artificial sweeteners. Canned and prepackaged foods have a deleterious effect on your defenses. The more natural what you put into your body, the better it will react.
- Stay positive. Being in a good mood, staying cheerful and smiling several times a day is the perfect complement to being strong against external aggression.
- Avoid tobacco use. Tobacco alters the cells found in the respiratory tract, which lose their original shape. On the other hand, it alters the function of the cells that line the lungs. So, a smoker is highly exposed to much more serious infections.
All these recommendations are essential to have a balanced immune system ready to respond to the different attacks we suffer. If you implement these measures at home, you will also be helping your whole family.
In addition, they will allow you to achieve immunity against any virus. Without a doubt, good health is worth the effort, because thanks to it you can enjoy a fuller and happier life now and in the future.