Sciatic nerve pain can seriously interfere with your daily life and the everyday things you do on a daily basis, since its pain can be so severe and unbearable that it will not let you see beyond the discomfort.
No matter the cause of the sciatic nerve pain, the point is that in one way or another we will want it to be relieved to continue with our normal life. A sciatic pain is characterized by pain in the buttocks and in the back of the leg. It is usually sharp and worse when sitting down because you may notice tingling or numbness in the legs, buttocks or feet, in both sides or on one side nothing else. The first thing we advise you to do is recognize that sciatic nerve pain, since perhaps that is not what may be happening to you. If it is mild sciatic nerve pain, it will go away on its own in a couple of days.
Although it seems somewhat contradictory to us, the best daily cure for sciatic nerve pain will be moderate sports and stretching. And not the opposite that can go through our heads of staying without doing anything because we can’t stand the pain or put our feet on the ground. What inactivity does is worsen the pain since the spine is not exercised or trained and this can lead to a fairly severe injury, causing additional injuries that we were not looking for at first. Exercise is very important for the vertebral discs and also with movement, the nutrients and liquids that are inside these discs do their exchange, keeping them healthy and avoiding that pressure that causes such pain in the sciatic nerve. Also from our page doncomos.com we refer you to our article on how to relieve sciatica or how to relieve sciatic nerve pain we hope they will be of help to you.
Instructions to relieve sciatic nerve impingement
- In the first place, one of the things we can do is apply some ice packs and heat strokes and alternate the cold with the heat in the place where we have the sciatic nerve pain in the event that it is in a couple of days. Haven’t stopped. We can put a towel between the cold and the heat so that neither one thing nor the other hits us suddenly and acts as a barrier. There are many things on the market that we can use for this, from heat patches to gel pads that we can put in the refrigerator and put cold on the area that hurts. We can also use ice cubes in a plastic bag, fill a bag with hot water or use an electric blanket. We have a wide range of possibilities according to needs and tastes.
- It is important to be clear that sciatic nerve pain, although it may be due to many things, what will always help us is daily exercise, stretching and focusing on the abdominal muscles and those on our back. Not only will you improve your physical condition, but your back will also gain strength and the nerve will be relieved. What we do not recommend that you do is that no matter how much pain you have, you go to bed as it will get worse as the days go by.
- Stretch your legs to relieve sciatic nerve pain, focusing on your hamstrings, as tight hamstrings increase lower back tension and aggravate sciatica.
- Take an over-the-counter anti-inflammatory when you see that it hurts a lot and that the exercises do not relieve you enough. You can ask your doctor or your pharmacist which is the best you can take at that time.
- See a physical therapist for massage and short-term or long-term relief once your spine adjusts. Since the only thing left would be to consult your GP about other methods that we consider almost not to be taken into account unless it is a serious case such as surgery to eliminate any contact that there is and press on the sciatic nerve.
What do you need to relieve sciatic nerve impingement?
- Cold and heat
Tips to relieve sciatic nerve impingement
- The doctor will determine the cause of your sciatic nerve pain, so make sure of that and do not take any treatment on your own without knowing it, lest it be more serious than you think and you may be doing yourself a wrong instead to fix your ailment.
- It’s not a bad thing to incorporate exercises and stretches into your day to day life, since if they don’t relieve you much, they won’t do you any harm either because they are basically for people who suffer from back pain.
- Never take surgery as the first option until you exhaust all the others because it means getting into an operation and entails a series of responsibilities. It is something that you have to meditate very well and consult with your doctor and specialist as a last alternative if the pain does not let you do your normal life.