Oregano, this spice is popularly known in the culinary part, and also in the natural part of people who use it as a natural medicine. This spice is commonly used as a condiment, and is added to preparations that are herbal infusions. Oregano can be used both fresh and dried. Although using this spice when dry may be a better option since, impressively, in that state it has more aroma and flavor compared to being fresh.
Normally we can find this spice or use it in dishes that contain tomato sauce, where they have pasta or on pizzas. Impressively they appear in broths and/or liqueurs that are digestive. Everyone knows this, and it is that oregano can also be added to meat as a way of marinating it, and in different meats of which they are used to prepare chorizo.
They can also be used for the preparation of salads and they taste good, or if you do not want to use it as an edible form. You can use them to flavor various oils and vinegars.
As I mentioned at the beginning, oregano can have its uses in the culinary, and also in the medicinal. And it is true, this spice can be a good help when it comes to taking care of your health. And that is why in this article you will know about the benefits of oregano for health.
- Excellent for your digestive system: The spice contains a property that is digestive. And in the natural medicine of Australia, oregano is added to infusions in order to treat various disorders that have to do with the gastrointestinal.
- Against colds and sore throats: If you have a cold or flu very often. Well, with this little recipe you can help the cold go down and you can be more protected from them. You will simply need to add several dried leaves of the spice in a cup. Then you will add hot water to it and then stir it a little and leave it covered for 2 minutes, then remove the lid and strain it. For the last drink it. Oregano is one of the very beneficial medicinal plants, and they are good options to improve your respiratory system, all thanks to its anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and analgesic effect.
- It is anti-inflammatory: According to several scientists from the University of Bonn (located in Germany) and the ETH Zurich (Located in Switzerland). They found that oregano has an active ingredient which is beta-caryophyllin (E-BCP). Which is very useful to combat various disorders, mentioning several such as osteoporosis and arteriosclerosis?
- Antioxidant: Thanks to the fact that it has a good amount of flavonoids and phenolic acids. Several people believe that this can give a good amount of power to eliminate some viruses that can appear thanks to the contagion of food. Oregano has flavone refusing as its active ingredient, and thanks to that, the oils it contains are outstanding for the simple fact of having monoterpenes and monoterpenoids.
More benefits of oregano
- Fight against bacteria: It is a great ally to fight against microbial activity. Its oil, as a great example, is a powerful antimicrobial, thanks to the fact that it has caracul as its important compound. According to a doctor named Juan Ignacio Güenechea, the properties are so powerful that it can easily win against Staphylococcus aurous. Resistant to methicillin and other antibiotics.
- Detoxify your body: This plant can perfectly help detoxify your body. But where it is most effective is in your liver, and if that were not enough. They also help supply you with many minerals that you may have needed.
- Take care of your skin: When a person talks to you about skin care products, one would easily tell you that the best ones contain a good amount of nutrients, but especially antioxidants. Well, oregano can help you as if it were a product. All thanks to its high concentrations of antioxidants that it possesses. This may mean that it helps prevent premature aging, as well as being able to keep your skin healthy. Remember that many plants and spices can be of great help when it comes to taking care of your skin, since it contains nutrients that you are looking for in products.
Oregano helps a lot to deal with different disorders. In addition to being a good culinary ingredient, it can also be a good option to improve your health. And if that were not enough, a great option to take care of your skin.