The Mint. Something curious about this herbaceous plant is that it is also valid to call it by its other name, which is “menthe”. It is also that this plant has an approximation of 13 or 18 species of mint. Although it is difficult for a specific number to be formed since it is very complicated to differentiate them. Rods of these species can be hydrated themselves without any problem, since they have that natural quality that the other species of mint do not have. And as an advantage is that they can exist in many cultivars.
As mint is known because when consumed it leaves your breath fresh. Well, this plant is mainly used for aromatic herbs. We all love a good scent; it can be a fresh or sweet scent. But what matters is that one, that person or the place have a pleasant smell. It is also used in a culinary way, believe it or not, coming to aromatize sauces and season different soups and sauces. It also works for vegetables, greens and other foods. Like aborigine, game meat and lamb.
It is also used in pharmaceuticals, having its important uses in order to benefit your own health. And that is why in this article you will learn about the benefits of this plant for your health.
- Fight your muscle pain: Thanks to the menthol that all mint leaves have. The same menthol helps to reduce your muscle pain. As a recommendation, you use the leaves to prepare infusions or concoction. This way you can make the necessary amount and in addition to that you have the freedom to mix it with another medicinal plant to be better.
- Good for headaches: The same mint leaves if you are going to prepare it in an infusion can also help the headache to become milder and more tolerable. It also helps control your dizziness.
- Help for your gases: It helps your intestinal transit to be regulated, especially for heavy digestions. This in other words means that your gases will be difficult to get out as they will be hindered. This for outings with friends or important outings can become too useful so as not to spend a moment of embarrassment.
- It is useful for female intimate care: The menthol that this plant has, its use is highly recommended to relieve your external intimate area. Especially when you feel an irritation in that area thanks to the fact that you waxed. Since it is normal for this irritation to occur when you finish waxing. All you have to do is apply fresh mint to that area to relieve irritation and refresh your intimate area.
- Good for your respiratory tract: Thanks to its menthol, which by the way, this compound has its main role in these benefits, since we have seen it help a lot in the previous points. But anyway, this compound helps your airways to be clear. Helping you to breathe correctly as it should be.
- Reduces pain and inflammation: If you present due to a sprain, a blow, arthritis or other chronic damage. Well, preparing a peppermint oil or cream can help so that the pain becomes milder. You can buy it or prepare it so that you can later use it to massage the area where you have that condition.
- Relieve your hemorrhoids: Thanks to the astringent and anti-inflammatory properties. Making it reduce the pain of piles.
- Removes bad breath: Everyone knows this. It’s no secret that mint for obvious reasons helps treat your bad breath. And it is the best option to treat halitosis. Being more effective than other products that you can find in daily life of which they tell you that they treat bad breath.
- Perfect for the skin: In fact, if you look closely, mint appears in many cosmetic products to care for the skin. And it is because it has its incredible benefits to keep our skin healthy and clean.
Although its benefits seem that this plant is incredible medicinally. Remember not to consume too much of it. It is not confirmed yet, but the high consumption of menthol can cause sterility in you. And although it is not confirmed, it is also not good that you get to confirm it on your own. Remember not to consume things to the extreme. They can do incredible damage.