One of the exercises that are considered the most complete to strengthen the muscles and that is recommended by doctors to solve heart problems are walking.
Walking is an exercise that is done constantly and daily if you set it as a goal to exercise, it is also easy and without the need to pay money to do it. Remember that the best way is to do it with good footwear continuously and evenly.
If the muscles are atrophied due to lack of physical activity in the body, we recommend everyone of any age to take progressive walks as part of body training to improve and ensure a good quality of life.
For people undergoing joint rehabilitation treatments such as heart disorders, carry out this activity based on what your GP recommends. The therapist will tell you how many kilometers you will walk and how fast you will walk.
Types of recommended walks.
To achieve good health on foot (walking) guaranteeing a safe life. Walking is an exercise that is done naturally and the best thing is that it is done at no cost. You should only dedicate a few hours of your time to progressive walks. And thus stimulate the muscles that are atrophied by inactivity caused by sedentary lifestyle.
The most common walks that you can do without any pressure are the following:
- Wander or slow pass. It is a useful exercise that is done by repetitive movements that help launch muscle groups that may be atrophied and in turn activating blood circulation and in turn helps burn calories. Wandering or slow walking can be done progressively and uniformly, activating body locomotion little by little (if it is the case of rehabilitation). Walking your pet for no more than 30 minutes every day helps activate circulation and muscles.
- The normal walk. It is characterized by making walks of five kilometers per hour and progressively increasing it more and more. Remember that normal walking is done for a practical purpose and can be done before and after meals, ideally 15-minute walks to control body weight.
- Aerobic walks. It is characterized by the speed that is used during the effort that is applied to exercise the heart. Ideally, measure heart rates while walking after exercising for at least 10 minutes. If they are people whose cardiac level is optimal, you can walk with a personal level where you can manifest the different styles of walking including speed, duration and physical condition.
- Long-distance walks. To practice this style you must consider the exposed medical references. Subjecting your body to previous walks as a test to determine the degree of resistance. The specific steps to take and the necessary equipment that you can carry in a backpack.
Benefits obtained by walking.
Walking on foot has become an increasingly popular method these days and even more so if you do it to improve your health. The mere fact of walking already maintains contact with nature and you can take advantage of all the aspects that the landscape offers you. Maintaining contact in some cases with other people (socializing) and increases the oxygenation of the brain more and more.
In this article we leave you some of the good benefits of walking daily and in the spirit of maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- Helps maintain muscle mass according to their age.
- Weight loss is generated by maintaining a slim but healthy body.
- Blood circulation becomes more effective. Giving a good pump to the heart.
- Slows the loss of bone mass. If you are one of those who suffer from osteoporosis.
- Arthritis is controlled by the progressive movements made while walking toning the joints by changing weight and pressure.
- Reduces memory loss reducing the risk of Alzheimer’s.
- Breathing rate is greatly improved. Helping to clean the airways, it also helps release toxins that harm the bloodstream.
- Walking improves your mood as exercise releases natural endorphins that help control body aches.
- People suffering from underlying disorders have taken up walking as exercise and have had good results as their life has been wonderfully prolonged.
- Insomnia disappears completely. Improving restful sleep.
- Elderly people gain more stamina in doing everyday chores.
- It has an impact on healing when cardiovascular diseases are suspected.
- Prevents progressive deterioration in the joints. Extracting the fluids that circulate when making movements to the legs and arms.